Activities inside and out of the classroom
At Freehold Montessori, we offer many classroom activities for our child to grow into a complete individual. Activities include:
Music Classes with Ms. Nancy
- Ms. Nancy, who is an 18 year member of the Freehold Montessori family, is a fully trained Music teacher who has lead groups of children and their teachers, in classes of music and movement experiences. Music lessons are tailored to be developmentally appropriate for the age groups participating.
- Weekly Spanish lessons are ideal for teaching the fundamentals of Spanish to both of our primary classes. The program is designed to offer quality instruction and sufficient versatility to accommodate students of different ages and aptitudes.
Dog Therapy with Bright and Beautiful Dogs
A therapy dog program can contribute significantly and help to achieve important goals in student development. Some goals of the program at Freehold Montessori are to increase empathy and compassion, improve self-esteem, reduce anxiety levels and help children decompress, improve reading and comprehension skills for all students in all of our classrooms.
- Your child will be getting a start in art appreciation. Our experienced certified Art Teacher, will introduce art activities with oil pastels, color chalk, markers, paints and collages. Every lesson will be a great learning experience, starting with cave drawings to present day artists. They will learn drawing skills and how to work with different mediums. Every lesson will be simple and lots of fun!
- Yoga helps children learn techniques for self-health, relaxation and inner fulfillment. Children derive enormous benefits from yoga. Physically, it enhances their flexibility, strength, coordination, and body awareness. In addition, their concentration, sense of calmness and relaxation improves. Yoga is a great gift to give your children.
- Our students loved having fun with food so much that this is usually our sold out enrichment program. Your child will learn to make fruit skewers, ants on a log (celery, peanut butter, with raisins on top), “worms in the dirt,” “goldfish in the ocean,” and other easy recipes for young children to enjoy. Students develop a sense of confidence and independence, knowing that they are capable of preparing food for themselves and others. Don’t worry, your child will not be placed near a hot stove, oven, hot water, and sharp objects are monitored closely.
Snapology STEM/STEAM Classes
- Snapology of Monmouth County offers fun programs for a wide variety of ages and interests. With an emphasis on play, children acheive academic enrichment and social development objectives. At Snapology there is something for everyone with everything from LEGO-themed programs, robotics, engineering, animation, and more!
What Matters for Kids Science Classes
- Freehold Montessori has partnered with What Matters for Kids. The Science Matters For Kids program offers hands-on science enrichment, actively engaging kids with real scientific discovery, not just science entertainment.
Learn more about Freehold Montessori.