Compassion. Community. Independence.
These are the hallmarks of the Primary years at Freehold Montessori, when children become increasingly capable and responsible members of their community.
Our classrooms are beautiful, nurturing learning environments designed to respond to the most universal, natural drives and tendencies of three- to six-year-old children, including their:
- ability to absorb customs, language and knowledge directly from their environment;
- desire to learn by doing, moving, touching, manipulating and exploring
- need for order and routine
- drive to master and perfect the movements of their bodies
- quest for independence
- need to learn from concrete experience first before learning in the abstract
My son loves coming to school!
“At drop off, my son always runs into the classroom, ready to learn new things and can't wait to show me all his works that he finished by himself at the end of the week!"
The teachers are wonderful!
“My daughter has learned so much in the short amount of time that she has been at Freehold Montessori. I'm so glad that we switched to this school from our previous day care!”
They are so kind and helpful!
“My son was having a very hard time transitioning since he was always home with me. Ms. Yogi was so calm and compassionate at drop off. Any time I would call to check up on him, Ms. Yogi always gave me a great feeling knowing that my son was ok and no longer crying and was actively engaged in the classroom.”